Mandala Layout: The path to achieve true happiness.
(Not that I know or can visualise what that might be.)
As an Australian witch and pagan, I reversed not only the order in which I dealt the first 4 cards, but I transposed north and south. Down Under, the further north, the hotter, the further south, the colder it gets. I cast circle widdershins to follow the direction of the Sun.
I explored the two positive-seeming paths indicated by the first four cards: North(the gut path, the passion path), and West(the heart path).
1. What does this choice of direction mean to me? 3 of Wands. The gut path, for me, is one of expansion. Yes, it’s always a gut feeling that I need to be somewhere, explore a particular path, go with a sudden passion (such as this current tarot jag).
2. What gift will I receive from following this path? The Moon. A further lesson in illusion, by not also using my head, and common sense. Nothing, Satya, no trip is going to be the whole answer to what you seek.
3. What challenge will I face by following this path? The Sun. Too much of a good thing? Exhausting myself by grabbing at everything without discernment.
4. What is the final result of following this path? Page of Wands. The naive page is me, stepping, thinking I know. At least you have this recognition.
1. What does this choice of direction mean to me? Queen of Cups. Heart decisions are everything to me. I used to identify as the Queen of Cups until I grew into the more Capricornian Queen of Pentacles. There’s still a lot of Cups in me, though. So the heart path, along with the gut path, are my go-to, with head and practicality reluctantly coming along.
2. What gift will I receive from following the heart path? King of Pentacles. My husband Bill will understand this more than the gut path, that’s for sure.
3. What challenge will I face by following this path? Ace of Swords. As new information comes to light, I’ll be swayed by it, unless I go back to beginner’s mind each time, and trust what my heart is saying.
4. What is the final result of following this path? 2 of Cups. Partnership. By opening my heart wide in decision making, and including Bill, I cement our relationship.